We've survived another tropical storm here in Palm Coast, this time being Debby (the first was Beryl). She made for a dreary week--cloudy, rainy, and stuck indoors. We still made our usual fish taco night on Monday (though we had to eat inside), and Terry's family still made it down on Tuesday after a grueling 10 hour drive filled with road closing, floods, etc. Wednesday, we to the Boardwalk at Daytona and had dinner at Joe's Crab Shack, and Thursday we celebrated Hazel's birthday at Crabby Joe's in Daytona (the pier going toward Ponce Inlet).
Let's stick on Thursday....Thursday was the first day of sunshine since Debby had planted herself on the state of Florida. Mom and Dad watched Ryan (he had went with us to Joe's the night before with Hazel, Cassidy and and Jay too so we decided to make for a longer dinner), and Terry and I set off for Daytona. We had our usual discussion over whether we should take A1A (my personal favorite route even though it takes a little longer--it's beautiful and scenic!), or I-95 (Terry's preference, in my opinion, just to be difficult lol). As usual, he insisted he knew shortcuts to avoid traffic (getting back on A1A once you get to Daytona always takes FOREVER), so we headed down I-95, got off at the Daytona Speedway Exit, and ended up in Port Orange--basically, Terry's route was anything but a shortcut--and I'm putting it in print as a reminder of why to take A1A from the start next time!
We met his family at the hotel and then all rode together to Crabby Joe's--by far one of my most favorite restaurants now. We split a meal--I think it was called like the captain's feast or something (the prices were a little high), but the best part was that the restaurant, like Joe's Crab Shack, was on the pier--but unlike Joe's Crab Shack--was open to where you could watch waves crash next to you and watch all the surfers--definitely going to be a Date Night Candidate :)
The rest of the week was very uneventful. There have been no waves at the beach, it's been hot (but not GA hot, I hear it's been like 105 up there?), and we skimped on Date Night since we had already been out 3 times last week. Oh yes, and I started my diet again. Seems sinful really, but it's a necessary evil.
Most boring blog ever--yes--but I'm not going to get in my usual rut!! This week will be less Debby's funk!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.