Friday, July 27, 2012

The week of the ridiculous!!

It's been a week of happiness, nostalgia, blind fury, sadness, spontaneity, etc....I'm almost not sure where to start! 

Ok ok, I do, we'll start with last Saturday.  Despite what happened the next day, Saturday was awesome.  Terry got off work and our only real plans for our date night was to go spend $20.00 in Kohl's cash on something random, which happened to be another crazy colorful undergarment to add to my collection of crazy undergarments....When I was a PO, I was always known for wearing black every single day (I changed it up on occasion), and I obviously grew bored with it, so my socks and underwear became my outlet for expressing myself without anyone really knowing...except that I would show off my crazy socks pretty much every day :)  Anyway, on our way back I decided to text my best friend from childhood (yes, Jason), since he was in Daytona with his family to see if he wanted to go with us for some key lime pie at Inlet Harbour and maybe a couple of drinks.  To my complete surprise, he agreed, and so we were off to pick him up.  Traffic sucked, so by the time we got to his condo that happened to be at Ormond Beach and not Daytona, we were going to be realllllly pushing it to try to brave A1A back down to the boardwalk and all the way to near the lighthouse to make it in time.  We passed a sign when we were on our way that had said we were only like 14 miles from Flagler Beach, so we asked if he'd be ok with checking out The Golden Lion on our end of the world.  He was down, so we took off.  The Golden Lion is great during the day, but it's also really cool at night.  They have it all lit up with a band and people dancing and talking, so we made ourselves comfortable and I got to enjoy free diet cherry cokes all night for being the DD while we all caught up.  They had last call around 11:30, so we decided to go across the street to the beach and chilled out on a blanket, talking, laughing, and switching our attention from the sky to the ocean (hey, I saw 3 shooting stars!).  Finally, we were all tired, so we took Jason back and got home around 2:00 am.  We were supposed to meet up the next day at the beach, but well...things fell through.

Yeah on that note, I spent the rest of Sunday incredibly sad when we got home from the beach....sad for being stood up and being ignored by many others in my life.  As of yesterday, I had made amends with those I cared to (Jason included), and wrote off the ones that I was ready to let go.  I can't dwell on people who aren't giving me a second thought. 

Oh, so the blind fury part?  I got a call Wednesday that someone had broken into our house back in GA and kicked some holes in the walls.  Terry and I had to drive back up, get the rest of our stuff and file a police report and come back.  We have our suspicions as to how the holes got there, but we'll keep them to ourselves.  All the way there and back we questioned if we had made the wrong decision by moving to Florida, but the conclusion we always arrived at and still are at is NO, absolutely not.  In fact, even more so now, moving here was by far the best decision we have ever made next to getting married and deciding to start our family (because obviously, Ryan is the best thing in our life!).... Had we of stayed there, we would have continued to surround ourselves with toxic people who were wolves in sheep's skin. 

As of today, the house is back under contract and there's no hard feelings to anyone.  I have to keep reminding myself that things always work out and I have to continue to have faith in that!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.