Sunday, July 22, 2012

No more Gatorade....for the love of GOD!!!!

I have many memories growing up of animals getting sick and being on the verge of death, and Mom working on them around the clock giving them Gatorade, antibiotics, etc. trying to nurse them back to health even when it was painfully obvious to the rest of us that this chicken/goat/pig/rabbit/etc. was not going to make it.  My dad even joked one time that if he died she'd be the one at the funeral home saying "Get him some Gatorade!  He just needs some electrolytes!" I used to laugh at this and still do, but I'm realizing an odd parallel to my own life in terms of friendships.  I'm always the one to keep digging people back up, fighting to keep the friendship going even when they're in no way worthy of my efforts.  I think it's time I stop trying to raise the dead when it comes to these "friendships" and instead focus on mourning and moving on.  I'm tired of the yellow Gatorade anyway!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.