Sunday, September 2, 2012

The Taco Trend

It's been another great week in Paradise :)

Well, except for Tuesday.....I think everyone got up on the wrong side of the bed Tuesday, because it was one of those days that just didn't flow.  It started with our morning venture to Books A Million for story time, where a different girl was doing the reading and couldn't get through Green Eggs And Ham fast enough.  She almost started without my friend and made a huge deal about how she "needed to get back to work."  I don't really understand this...does she not get paid for story time?  Or does someone just take her job waaaaay too seriously? In addition to this, Ryan was in a strange mood and pitched a fit near the end, then refused to eat when we got home and pitched another fit, so by the time 2:00 rolled around and he took his nap, I didn't protest when he slept almost 3 hours (I snuck in a nap of my own!).

Wednesday, Ry and I got up and I made him Green Eggs and Ham for breakfast--he ate all of it!  It was his favorite all week :)  We used green food coloring of course, and I made it into an omelet with cheese.  I was quite relieved to not have to fight him on this!  He then helped me to make some taco soup and once again he ate all of it for dinner.  It makes me think that maybe I should let him help every time I cook because he was so much more enthusiastic about eating that way.

Terry was off Thursday, so we spent the day running some errands and later went fishing out back at the pavillion.  We took Ryan's tricycle with us and let him run wild.  Terry caught 2 tiny catfish and Ryan was brave enough to touch one.  Oddly enough, we made sure we went to Taco Bell for lunch for some tacos, and for dinner we were even more unhealthy and had corn dogs and cheese fries--we were getting into the fair spirit for the fall :)

Friday, Terry worked late.  I reallllllly wanted to go to Hurricane Patty's for their "Blue Moon Party" where they ran a special for $6.99 coconut shrimp dinners, but it was pretty hot so my parents offered to go with me to Cracker Barrel.  It turned out to be a great idea, because Ryan and I had a great meal and we got to do a little shopping :)  We decided to drive back up the coast afterward and then hung out at our place until Terry got home.  The funniest thing that night was when we were talking about True Blood and Dad said that he didn't like it because it "wasn't true to vampires."  I was going to let it slide, but Mom didn't!  "You do know that all vampires are fictional, riiiiiight?"

Saturday, Ryan and I went to the beach with my parents at Marineland and me and Mom rode some waves.  The water was PERFECT--great temperature, it was so clear you could see your own feet, and there was no rip current.  There were also tons of fish that you could see in every wave and lines of them between you and whoever you were with.  Ryan only wanted to stay for an hour, so we went back, got a short nap in, and then went to a birthday party.  It was fun and Ryan played hard and then went to spend the night with his Grandmama and Grand-dude :)  Terry and I still wanted to go to Hurricane Patty's, so we went there for dinner.  He ordered shrimp tacos and I ordered cajun ranch wings (during Happy Hour they're $.50 each), and we split everything....And for the record, shrimp tacos are better than fish tacos.  I'm totally hooked!!  The live band was pretty good too--and they played Brandy (You're a Fine Girl) and I had to give Terry a hard time for having never heard that song before--people sing it to me alllll the time lol!  After that, we went fishing out back and met up with our friends that are always there every Saturday too.  I love how we've really settled in here.  It really feels like home now :)

Today, Terry and I went to this beach this morning and we're having a cookout with Mom & Dad shortly for Labor Day.  We're having ribs and other goodies :)  I'm trying not to focus on some of the stuff going on in GA the next couple of weeks involving the house, but what will happen will happen, and I still have no regrets.  Terry and I agreed on one thing last night that was for sure.  "We've had one hell of an awesome summer."  Soooooooo true!!!! 

And also, what was with all the tacos this past week????

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.